Autumn means shorter days and lower temperatures, it’s true, but it’s also the perfect season to indulge in delicious heart-warming fall recipes!
In this period, in fact, the fruits of the earth are abundant and rich in precious nutrients; moreover, the body needs to store more calories (compared to summer, when the energy requirement is physiologically lower) to prepare for the cold season.
So why not take advantage of it by learning some new and tasty recipe? We offer a few.
Quick Fall Recipes
When the first cold weather arrives, there are really many autumn recipes to choose from, thanks to the raw materials that come mainly from the garden.
Pumpkin, mushrooms, chard, cabbage, broccoli, carrots, chicory, endive, lettuce, radicchio, potatoes, artichokes, turnips, Jerusalem artichokes, leeks and celery are among the most common and consumed autumn vegetables in our country, and qthis season is the best opportunity to try recipes based on these tasty fruits of the earth.
Especially those who always like to try something new, but have little time, will like to try some quick fall recipes. Here are our proposals.
Fall vegetable tempura with meat
The frying is very greedy and, from time to time, it is an extravaganza in which you can indulge.
The Tempura, in particular, it is a recipe with Japanese origins that is now widespread also in Italy. This is a unique autumn dish perfect to be prepared quicklyalso suitable for surprising friends and relatives.
It is prepared in 25 minutes (plus 20 minutes of cooking) and the doses are for 4 people. Get yourself:
- 200g zucchini
- 300 grams of artichokes
- 200 g of carrots
- 200 g ceps
- 380 grams of flour 00 (80 grams for the vegetables and 300 for the dough)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 liter of sunflower oil
- 700 grams of ice cold sparkling water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 4 beef fillets of 200g
- 15 g green peppercorns
- coarse salt as needed
- Pour the green peppercorns, washed rosemary leaves and salt into the mortar and chop finely.
- Place the fillet slices on one part of the mince and sprinkle on another part.
- Let the meat rest in the spices for about 15 minutes.
- Wash and dry the vegetables, peel and peel carrots and zucchini, cut them lengthwise into thin slices, then flour them.
- Clean the artichokes by peeling off the tougher outer parts, removing the end part and string, as well as the outer, fibrous layer. The inner part must be removed with a small knife. Continue by slicing it lengthwise into thin slices. Flour the artichokes.
- Rinse the mushrooms quickly (so that they do not absorb water) and cut them into thin slices lengthwise and flour them.
- Prepare the dough: take a bowl and pour the ice cream into it, add the egg yolk, add the ice water and mix with a whisk. Add the flour and mix until it absorbs the water.
- Heat the seed oil to 170-180°C and first dip the artichokes in it (4-5 pieces for every 2-3 minutes of frying), then lift them with a slotted spoon and place them on a tray lined with absorbent paper.
- Repeat step 8 for the other vegetables and add the salt to the tempura.
- Finally, cook the meat on a very hot grill, about two minutes on each side. For those who want well-cooked meat, the minutes are doubled.
The Risotto it is a starter that lends itself to many recipes; the one we offer has a typically autumnal flavor that mixes the best vegetable, porcino, with other tasty ingredients.
Preparation time: 20 minutes (to which are added 35 minutes of cooking); the doses are for 4 people.
- 320 grams of carnaroli rice
- 100g already peeled bacon
- 450 grams of dried porcini mushrooms
- 40 g of leeks
- 50 grams of Grana Padano PDO
- 30g of butter
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- Extra virgin olive oil as needed
- A bunch of parsley
- Put the vegetable broth on the fire.
- Clean and cut the leek into thin slices.
- Cut the ceps previously soaked and drained.
- Cut the bacon into 1 cm strips.
- Put the leek in a pan with hot oil and cook for a few minutes, then add the bacon and stir for another two minutes, finally add the mushrooms and cook for another 7-8 minutes.
- Toast the rice in another pan with oil, evenly, until it becomes transparent.
- Add the broth to the pot a ladleful at a time, so that the rice absorbs it slowly.
- Also add the already cooked ingredients to the rice, cheese and salt in moderation.
- At the end whisk with butter and grated cheese.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Simple Fall Recipes
Simplicity does not always rhyme with speed! Here, then, some simple recipes but for those who have a little more time to devote to cooking.
With the first cold, the soup is perfect: it is a unique healthy and authentic dish, also perfect for lactose intolerant people.
This soup can be prepared in half an hour (but you have to cook two hours) and the doses are for 4 people. Get yourself:
- 840g clean pumpkin
- 500g borlotti beans
- 100 g black cabbage
- 80 g of leeks
- 2 liters of vegetable broth
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- A few bay leaves
- 40g extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Cut the pumpkin (already cleaned) into cubes of about 2 x 2 cm.
- Tie the bay leaves and the sprigs of rosemary with twine (to remove them more easily at the end of cooking).
- Shell the beans and put them in a bowl.
- Clean the leek by removing the green part and the first two leaves, and cut it into slices.
- Wash the cabbage leaves and cut them into irregular pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and successively add: the leek (1 minute), the broth (covered, 5 minutes), the diced pumpkin, the beans, the black cabbage and the bouquet of herbs.
- Cover with broth so that everything is immersed in the liquid and cover with a lid, leaving to cook for a couple of hours.
- Remove the sprig of herbs, add salt, oil and pepper to taste.
- Those who love bread can add a slice of toast or croutons to the soup.
- The little extra: pan-fried walnut kernels to garnish the soup.
The the pasta is very suitable for the autumn season, thanks to the possibility of using always different and delicious ingredients.
The preparation takes 40 minutes, with a cooking time of 35 minutes; the indicated doses are for 4 people.
- 350 g of pasta to taste
- 400g clean pumpkin
- 200 g black cabbage
- 100 g sweet gorgonzola with mascarpone
- 45 cl extra virgin olive oil
- 350 g of chestnuts
- 1 dry chilli
- Salt as needed
- Cook the chestnuts by placing them in cold unsalted water.
- As soon as the water boils, boil them for 25 minutes then drain them, let them cool and, finally, peel them. Divide each chestnut into 3/4 pieces.
- Chop the chilli and put it in a pan with oil, let it sizzle.
- Add the chestnuts, fry them for a few minutes.
- Cut the cleaned pumpkin into cubes, then wash the cabbage, cut the base and chop the leaves.
- Brown the oil in a pan with the garlic cloves (to remove it easily after cooking).
- Add the black cabbage and, after a minute, the pumpkin; then pour a ladle of water and cook.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta (with a few minutes after boiling depending on the type of pasta chosen).
- Add the gorgonzola to the cabbage and pumpkin, first removing the garlic and letting the mixture melt.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan, also add the chestnuts, mix everything well, then serve.
Here are presented some ideas for preparing ideal recipes for fall.