THE Halloween cookies they are one of the tastiest parts of the party. Let’s face it: whether we feel like it ours or not, we’re just waiting to get our hands on it in preparation for the anniversary. They are related to the night of the witches sweet recipes mouth watering, and I Halloween cookies they are no less.
In addition to their satiating power, they allow us to indulge in the passion for cake design with original decorations, rigorously frightening but ready to leave you speechless. Here are some Halloween cookie recipes for kids and adults, colored and based on pastry but also that vegetarians and vegans they can taste.
Halloween cookies: 8 recipes
it is a popular party for adults and children, but also an opportunity to prepare good desserts. The receipts for the vegan and vegetarian cookies everyone loves them: they are useful for those who have decided to follow the rules of these eating habits, but also for those who suffer from certain allergylike the one with eggs or milk protein.
Here are some of the most delicious and versatile in view of All Saints.
Frosted Ghosts (vegan)
- 375 g flour 00
- baking powder
- 100g seed oil
- 200 g caster sugar
- 60 ml of aquafaba
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 5ml lemon extract
Ingredients vegan royal icing
- Collect the flour, yeast, sugar,aquafabaoil and extracts of vanilla and the lemon in the blender. Knead until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous dough. Pick it up and shape the dough into a ball. Cover the pasta with cling film and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or even overnight.
- Flour the work surface and your hands, then take the dough back and knead again until the dough regains some elasticity. Roll out with a rolling pin until you obtain a thickness of about 1 cm, then using a cookie cutter in the shape of a ghost, make the individual cookies.
- Transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 18 minutes or, alternatively, until they have taken on a nice golden color. Take them out of the oven and place the cookies on a wire rack to cool them, then prepare the royal icing.
- For the latter put it sugar in a cup then add the water and mix vigorously, using a whisk to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Decorate the ghosts with ice cream, let them cool and, with the dark chocolate chips, make the eyes. Allow cookies to dry slightly at room temperature before serving.
Pumpkin bars (vegan)
- 150g wholemeal spelled flour
- 80g flour for cakes
- 20g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 250 g steamed and pureed pumpkin pulp
- 50g sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, mix the two flours and the cocoa with the pumpkinthen add the cinnamon, sugar and baking powder.
- Knead the dough, then spread it on a sheet of parchment paper and bake it in a hot oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes or until it has a nice golden color.
- Take it out of the oven and immediately cut the dough into small rectangles of about 2 × 6 cm.
- Cook again for 5 minutes, then let cool vegan pumpkin cookies cake on a grill.
Witch finger cookies (vegan)
Ingredients for cookies
- 300g spelled flour
- 120g brown sugar
- 65g water
- 60 g seed oil (or rice oil)
- 1 packet of baking powder
- grated zest of an organic lemon
Ingredients for decoration
- 150g strawberry jelly
- flaked almonds
- Gather all the liquid ingredients in a bowl, then add the sugar, mix and, finally, little by little the flour with the baking powder and the grated lemon zest. Knead until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Put the dough, covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for about 25-30 minutes. While the pasta is cooling, preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll 1 ball the size of a walnut, then form fingers about 8cm long. With the car of a rounded knife, make room for the nail.
- cook i witch finger cookies in a hot oven for about 20 minutes then leave to cool and decorate the hollow of the nail with the goo pink strawberry and a burst of almond.
Pumpkin Cookies for Halloween
What better ingredient than pumpkin to make many delicious vegetarian cookies for Halloween night? For best results, it is important to obtain the following.
- 180 grams of pumpkin pulp
- 280 grams of flour 0
- 80 grams of powdered sugar
- 100 grams of butter
- 2 eggs
- brown sugar
- 1 sachet of vanillin to taste
- cinnamon powder
ground or finely chopped almonds
- 150 grams of dark chocolate
- Clean the pumpkin from seeds and threads, remove the skin and cut it into cubes so that it can be cooked in a pan with a drop of water until soft. Otherwise, cut it into slices and bake in the oven until the pulp is tender.
- When ready, reduce it to mash potatoes using the blender, adding the ground almonds to taste.
- Leave to cool while you pour the sifted flour, 3/4 of the diced soft butter and the brown sugar into a bowl. Dose to taste but a few teaspoons are enough, the pumpkin will make the mixture sweet.
- Top with ground cinnamon, vanillin to taste and a pinch of salt, mix so that you have a raw and chopped mixture, bind everything together by combining the Egg yolkone or two, previously beaten.
- Mix and add the pumpkin pulp, kneading well, add a drop of water or flour to adjust the dough and obtain a homogeneous mixture. Form a ball and let it rest inside a layer of cling film, placing it in the fridge for an hour.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and create a thickness of a few millimeters, print the mold with the shape of a pumpkin or a ghost to obtain the cookies. Arrange them on the baking sheet lined with special paper and bake for ten minutes at 180°, browning them slightly.
- Separately, melt the chocolate in a bain-marie with the rest of the butter, remove the biscuits from the oven and let them cool. Brush them with chocolate on the inside and complete them by applying another cookie of the same size on top. Pumpkin with pumpkin and ghost with ghost. When they are hot, finish with the icing sugar.
A tip: for an interesting variation you can garnish the cookies with ready-made chocolate cream or jam and finish with chopped almonds. You can decorate pumpkins and ghosts by carving them, just before baking, to create eyes and a mouth.
Halloween Shortbread Cookies
- 350g flour 00
- 150g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100ml sunflower oil
- the grated zest of a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- royal icing
- black food coloring
- Pour all the ingredients – i.e. flour, sugar, eggs, oil, yeast and salt with lemon zest – into a bowl and knead with your hands.
- Transfer to a work surface and rework until you get a ball. Cover it with cling film and let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Take the ball, roll out the dough and, with the Halloween cookie cutters, make ghosts, bats & Co.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180° for about 15 minutes. Once cooled, decorate the Halloween Shortbread Cookies with the icing by letting yourself be inspired by the image above.
Halloween cookies for kids (vegan)
These vegan meringue mummies fall under the category of laws Halloween cookies for kids. Simple, delicious and super captivating.
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup of Aquafaba
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- White chocolate
- Chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 135°C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Pour the aquafaba into the bowl of the planetary mixer with the butterfly fitted and start whipping on low speed, adding the cream of tartar. Slowly increase the speed to medium and continue whisking until the mixture is frothy.
- Now gradually add the sugar a spoonful at a time and continue beating until the mixture keeps the peaks soft and turns shiny. Add the vanilla and after a few seconds also the cornstarch. Transfer the vegan meringue to a piping bag and pipe the spaced bars onto the pan.
- Bake them for about 75 minutes, then turn off the oven, open the door slightly and let the meringues cool inside. Take them out and decorate them with strips of melted white chocolate and chocolate chips to create the eyes.
Colorful cookies for Halloween (vegan)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2.5 tablespoons of water
- 8 tablespoons vegan butter
- 275g brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 187.5 g flour 00
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- food coloring
- sugar eyes
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine ground flax seeds and water in a small bowl and let stand.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the softened vegan butter and brown sugar with a whisk until creamy. Add the vanilla and the flax egg, which in the meantime will have taken on a gelatinous consistency.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until well blended. Divide the mixture into two or more bowls and add a few drops of different food coloring to each.
- Scoop the balls out of the dough using two spoons and place them on the baking sheet, well spaced from each other. Decorate it with sugar eyes. Bake for 10 minutes, cool on the sheet for 5, then transfer yours to a wire rack colorful halloween cookies.
Thermomix Halloween cookies
- 220 g flour 00
- 30g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 80g sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of rum
- 60g soy milk
- 100g brown sugar
- 80g chocolate chips
- royal icing
- Pour all the ingredients – except the chocolate chips and the royal icing – into the bowl: 2 min. speed 3.
- Transfer the result to a work surface and knead for a few minutes with your hands. Meanwhile, pour in the chocolate chips.
- Take small portions of dough, form balls of the same size, place them on a plate covered with parchment paper. Flatten them slightly.
- cook i Halloween cookies with the Thermomix in a preheated oven at 180° for about 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely, then finish decorating by spooning the royal icing on top. Complete with sugar eyes and let dry before serving.