The menu of your choice for a dinner with friends may to test even the most experienced cooksabove all if you do not know the tastes of your guests.
We have collected many ideas to put into practice: from starters to desserts, through recipes dedicated to vegetarian or vegan friends, to those perfect for a last minute dinner.
Let’s see them together!
Recipes for a dinner with friends: the aperitif
For create a friendly and relaxed atmospherethere is nothing better than a ‘aperitif tasted in company.
The menu for a dinner with friendsso, it can only start from happy hour timewhich, if washed down with the right glass of wine, can melt the ice in even the most formal companies.
The the choice of drinks and dishes on offer is wide: you can prepare a refined cocktails like the Americano (based on Negroni) or a fresh Mojitoor offer one craft beer to accompany the irresistible aperitifs.
A selection of cold cuts and charcuterie typical of the regionto serve with slices of hot bread or breadsticks remains evergreen while for those who don’t like meat or who are vegetariansit’s perfect a classic pinzimonio of fresh vegetables topped with an oil, salt and pepper emulsion.
Dinner with friends: what to cook as a starter
Friends for dinner? Don’t worry, with these recipes you won’t be out of place! Starters based on pasta or rice are a classic of Italian cuisine.
Here are a few ideas to include in the menu of a dinner with friends, based on pasta.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 320 g of spaghetti or linguine
- 1 kg of clams
- 400g pachino tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- filtered clam water
And then the method:
- purge the clams in cold water with a teaspoon of coarse salt for a few hours, changing the water from time to time;
- cook the clams in a skillet with the oil and garlic;
- sauté over high heat and garnish with parsley.
- 320g bucatini
- 300 g peeled tomatoes or 4-5 ripe red tomatoes
- 120 g thickly sliced bacon
- About 50 g of grated pecorino
- 1 chilli
To cook it:
- heat the oil and add the bacon cut into strips, so as to brown it;
- in the same saucepan, put the crushed (or fresh) peeled tomatoes with the chilli and cook while the pasta is cooking, which you have meanwhile thrown into a saucepan with salted water;
- add the bacon to the sauce and remove the pepper;
- drain the pasta al dente and add it to the pan with the sauce;
- off the heat add the grated pecorino.
Second courses: here are the ones that will please everyone
After the firstWhere as a main dish to combine with a rich side dish of vegetables, the second course of meat is always of particular importance.
Here is two ideas for a quick and light dinner with friends.
Minced beef with pink pepper
- crush a teaspoon of salt with half of the pink pepper in a mortar and mix with finely chopped rosemary needles and 5 sage leaves;
- sprinkle the ground beef on both sides and add a little oil;
- leave to marinate for a few hours, then drain the ribs, keeping the marinade and cook the meat over high heat for 8-10 minutes on each side;
- lower the heat and cook for another 2-3 minutes;
- with a sharp knife, thinly slice the ribs along the thickness, taking care to follow the direction of the edge of the meat;
- spread the marinade on the meat and put it in a hot oven for a few seconds.
Beef carpaccio recipe ready to be used both for last minute dinner with friendsboth for those on summer evenings when the appetite is lacking but you want to get together for a light meal.
it’s getting ready merely sprinkle with slices of carpaccio choice of beef with arugula and an oil-based emulsion, salt And pepper.
Dinner with friends: what to cook for dessert
A menu for a dinner with friends we can not say that it is concluded if the dessert is not included.
Depending on the season, to end the evening on a sweet note, you can prepare a dark chocolate cake tender heart, or, if the temperatures are higher, fresh ice cream topped with fresh fruit.
Always appreciated by all is the tiramisuthat you can choose in its classic version with ladyfingers biscuits Where in a more modern way with strawberries in cream.
Last minute dinner with friends? Here’s how to save dinner!
A quick dinner with friends can freak you out also a real leader.
How not to lose face in front of a last minute invitation? Organization is the watchword.
If guests arrived earlier than expected, entertain them with a hearty appetizer to continue preparing dinner.
Then if the minutes are numbered, it’s fIt is essential to choose quick and super tested recipes: I unique grain-based dishes and vegetables are ideal, if not even a classic (but unbeatable) carbonara pasta will delight all guests.
Ideas for dinner with vegan friends
Host a quick dinner with vegan friends for some people it’s almost an impossible mission.
Try These All-Vegetable Recipes and (perhaps) you will be amazed: the taste will be satisfied and the friendship will be saved!
Pumpkin flowers in batter
- 20 courgette flowers
- 200 grams of flour 00
- About 200 grams of water
- half a teaspoon of baking soda
- half a liter of seed oil
Here is how to do it:
- clean the zucchini flowers by dabbing them with a cloth, then make a paste by mixing the flour, baking soda, salt and slowly adding water;
- dip each pumpkin flower in the batter and heat the oil to 175°;
- drop in a few pieces at a time, then drain excess oil.
- mix 400 grams of chickpeas with the chopped parsley and garlic, the juice of a lemon and the olive oil, until you obtain a thick and velvety sauce;
- season with salt and add a few tablespoons of salasa tahina.
The quick dinners with vegan friends they can be a demanding challenge, but with a bowl of hummuseven those who do not eat meat will be able to taste a second dish rich in flavor.
Couscous with vegetables
- 160 g pre-cooked couscous
- 200g zucchini
- 1 purple eggplant
- 100g peas
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 1 leek
- 20g Taggiasca olives
- 10g capers
Here is how to do:
- clean all the vegetables, blanch the peas;
- sauté all the vegetables in boiling oil and add the peas;
- bring 160 grams of water to the boil, pour it over the couscous placed in a bowl, with a tablespoon of oil and a pinch of salt, and leave to stand for 5/10 minutes;
- mix the couscous and the vegetables, adding the chopped basil leaves;
- season with salt and oil.
At dinner with friends: bring joy to the table!
Now that the menu for a dinner with friends is complete, all that remains is to furnish the dining room.
Green light for creativity and color: a brightly colored tablecloth it will be perfect for main courses, while foraperitifyou can opt for practical bamboo disposable tableware.
To make the atmosphere special, then, the music should not be missingprovided, however, that there is only one left pleasant background and does not disturb the conversation.